The ICAR-Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET) was established on 3rd October 1989 at the PAU Campus, Ludhiana, Punjab, India as a nodal institute to undertake lead researches in the area of the Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology appropriate to agricultural production catchment and agro-industries. The institute’s second campus was established on 19 March 1993 at Abohar, Punjab, India. Which is primarily responsible for conducting research and development activities on fruits and vegetables, and commercial horticultural crops. ICAR-Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India is also headquarters for two All India Coordinated Research Projects (AICRPs) viz. AICRP on Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology (PHET) at 31 Centres and AICRP on Plasticulture Engineering & Technology (PET) at 14 Centre’s.
- Research on post-harvest processing, preservation, storage and value addition of agricultural commodities.
- Human resource and entrepreneurship development in post-harvest engineering and technology.
Creating prosperity through minimization of post harvest losses from 15% to 5% and increase in value addition from present level of 10% to 30% to produce and by-products from crops, horticulture, livestock and fisheries sectors.
Higher profitability of agricultural production systems ensuring better income to farmer sand increased employment opportunities in rural sector through efficient post harvest engineering and technological interventions for loss reduction and value addition to agricultural produce and byproducts resulting in high quality and safe food and feed at competitive prices for domestic and export markets.
- Post harvest technologies for loss reduction.Value addition technologies.
- Technology transfer, entrepreneurship development and marketing.
- By product utilization and Waste managements.
- Improvement of agricultural structures. Biotechnology in PHTS.
- Environment control for higher productivity.
- Livestock produce processing.
ICAR-Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India Ludhiana and Abohar including AICRP on PHET & AICRP on PET
|Category||Sanctioned Strength||Posts in position||Total in Position|
# Excluding Director ## Including SAO & FAO